Sunday, 3rd August is Ice Hockey day. We'll be meeting at 1pm at Medibank Icehouse, 105 Pearl River Road, Docklands (behind Costco and the wheel). The action starts at 1.15pm.
Car parking across the road appears to be $7 for 4 hours and tickets to the Ice Hockey are $4.
Tips for shooting
- dress warm
- try a polarizer if you have one to cut down on reflections
- wear dark clothing so that you don't reflect in the glass
- to start with set your ISO at 2000 to help you get a fast shutter speed to capture the action
- bring your manual if you need help with your settings and we'll help you sort it out
- no flash - it will reflect off all the glass and ruin your shot and everyone else's
- no tripod
- you may need a cleaning cloth for the glass
- there might be water on the ground so choose your shoes carefully
- try over exposing to compensate for all the white of the ice
- the game moves very quickly so you may want to anticipate where it is going instead of trying to follow it
Looking forward to seeing you all there. With the way the weather is, it might be warmer in there than outside!
Any problems, ring me on 0437 468 848